JumpSport® Bounceboard® Instructions and Safety Guidelines
1. Read and Follow All the Safety Instructions.
2. Remove shoes.
3. Put on safety gear. A life preserver should be worn for water-trampoline use. Mouth guard, helmet, wrist guards, kneepads and elbow pads should be worn for use with land trampolines.
4. Climb on jumping device.
5. Sit in middle of trampoline and fasten foot straps.
6. Lean forward on knees and stand up.
7. Gently start bouncing up and down to get the feel of it.
8. Focus your eyes on the perimeter of the trampoline. This will help you control your bounce.
9. Practice a Stop-Bounce. Flex knees as you come into contact with the jumping surface to stop bouncing.
10. Start practicing tricks when you feel comfortable. Please, no somersaults, flips or back flips. You run the risk of head and neck injuries, which can be very serious, causing paralysis and even death.
11. Never jump off the land trampoline to dismount. Remove the JumpSport Bounceboard® by kneeling down or sitting on the bed of the trampoline. Release the foot straps and climb off the trampoline. Never jump from a trampoline into a pool and never jump off a roof to land on your trampoline. Water makes the surface of a land trampoline too slippery. Save those water tricks for the water trampolines.
12. Store the JumpSport Bounceboard® out of reach of animals or young children.
13. If you are using a water trampoline, you may enjoy dismounting with the JumpSport Bounceboard still attached to your feet. Be prepared for belly flops and please watch out for swimmers and obstacles. Please wear a life preserver and never dive unless you are certain the water is deep enough. Swimming will be difficult and you may have to doggie paddle before the JumpSport Bounceboard® will slip off your feet, much like a wave board will slip off your feet. Water dismounts are only recommended if you are a strong swimmer. Practice swimming with the Bounceboard in shallow water with a spotter nearby to make sure you can swim with the Bounceboard on your feet and safely remove the Bounceboard in the water. The Bounceboard® will float because it is made of closed cell polyethylene foam but it is not a life preserver. When you use the Bounceboard® with water applications it will be very slippery.
14. Have Fun. This is an extreme sport and requires quite a bit of athletic ability. Users of Bounceboard use it at their own risk much like snowboarding, skateboarding, wakeboarding and kite boarding. Contact the manufacturer for information on the Bounceboard® and other great JumpSport trampoline accessories. www.JumpSport.com, 1-888-567-JUMP.
Warning: Following these guidelines adapted after the ASTM Standards for Trampoline use will not prevent all injuries.
Like other physical activities, use of the JumpSport Bounceboard® involves the risk of injury. The standards cannot list every known hazard associated with the use of Bounceboard®. However these guidelines promote safe enjoyable use of this accessory. User agrees to use BounceBoard at their own risk.
The JumpSport Bounceboard® is intended for advanced users of trampolines or similar jumping devices such as a floating or backyard land trampoline with a minimum dimension of 12ft diameter. It is not intended for mini-trampolines.
Ensure that your standard trampoline or similar jumping device is properly assembled in a level area with at least 10 unobstructed feet (3 meters) on all sides and a minimum of 20 unobstructed feet (6 meters) above the bouncing surface.
The area directly below the jumping surface must be kept clear at all times. For example place well away from trees, power lines, pets, fences, boats, docks, swimmers, jet skis.
Manufacturer shall not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage direct or consequential arising out of the use or inability to use this product for its intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
1. The JumpSport Bounceboard® should be used in bare or stocking feet. Assure that the jumping device is in good repair and securely positioned. Assure that jumping surface is clean and clear of debris and/or toys. Sweep fallen leaves, tree limbs, branches or twigs away. Remove toys from jumping surface.
2. Perform the 'Stop-Bounce' after every trick or sequence of tricks, or whenever you deviate from the center of the jumping surface. The Stop-Bounce is performed by flexing knees as feet come in contact with the surface.
3. Never jump off of a land trampoline to dismount, always climb on and off. Remove the Bounceboard before climbing off the trampoline. When jumping off a floating trampoline the Bounceboard may remain on your feet and you may use it as a springboard. Assure that your landing is free of swimmers. It is not a flotation device and will make swimming difficult. Your feet will slide out much like they would from a wave board. Please wear a life preserver at all times. Again this is an extreme sport and is only recommended for advanced swimmers. So this means no jumping of the roof of your house and on to your trampoline with the Bounceboard® and no jumping from your trampoline into a pool with the Bounceboard. You are to climb on and off trampolines and then put the Bounceboard® on.
4. Avoid jumping too high. Stay under control. Be sure to consistently land in the center of the trampoline or other jumping device. If you get off center, Stop bounce and re-center. While keeping head erect, focus eyes on the trampoline toward the perimeter.
5. Allow only one person on the trampoline at a time. Use by more than one person at the same time increases risk of injury. A mature knowledgeable person should supervise children when using the Bounceboard® on trampolines or other jumping devices. Follow manufacturer guidelines when using on floating or land trampolines.
6. Do not leave children unsupervised on the trampoline or other jumping device. The Bounceboard® is not recommended for children under the age of 10. Trampolines are not recommended for children under age 6.
7. Avoid jumping for long periods of time with the Bounceboard® and do not jump when you are tired. You will notice you tire more quickly on the Bounceboard®. Take turns. Don't overdue.
8. Do not use your Bounceboard® for your backyard trampoline, floating trampoline or similar jumping device when under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Vow to never use illegal drugs, tobacco or alcohol.
9. Ensure that spotters are always stationed around the land trampoline. A JumpSport Safety Enclosure is strongly recommended. Do not use a floating trampoline without a spotter on land. The surface will be slippery when wet. Be prepared and start out slowly.
10. Master the specified pre-requisites of trampoline jumping before attempting a new skill such as using a Bounceboard®.
11. Do not attempt somersaults, back flips (back somersaults), multiple somersaults or twisting somersaults on your backyard trampoline or other jumping device. There are plenty of fun tricks to try that don't put you at risk for spinal cord injury. Landing on your head or neck can cause serious injury and even death.
12. Do not attempt to use the Bounceboard® in windy or gusty conditions. Do not use the Bounceboard on a wet surface if it is a land trampoline.
13. Keep your Bounceboard® out of reach of younger children and store it in a secure place. Doggies like to chew and young children love to play with your stuff.
14. Read instructions before use.
15. Use only on trampolines with padding covering the springs to avoid damage to the Bounceboard.
16. You may wish to use a mouth guard, helmet, wrist guards, kneepads, and elbow pads to further reduce your risk of injury, especially your first few tries. For the highest level of protection, use a JumpSport or AlleyOop Sports Trampoline and Safety Enclosure to protect you while you jump.
17. Important warning: Some trampoline manufactures will void their warranty if accessories of any kind are used on the surface of the trampoline. Check with your manufacturer before using the Bounceboard®. We have found the Bounceboard to be no more wearing to jumping surfaces than your bare or stocking feet. It flexes with the trampoline. JumpSport Inc. will not be held liable for any damage the Bounceboard® may cause to jumping devices.
JumpSport Inc, PO Box 2446, Saratoga, CA 95070,
©2004 All rights reserved.
All art protected by copyright.