Not sure which trampoline to choose?
Have questions about our different safety nets?
The answers to our most common product questions can be found below.
For other General Questions click here
- What are the differences between your SoftBounce™ and StagedBounce™ trampoline models?
- How does StagedBounce technology work?
- What are the differences between your StagedBounce and PowerBounce™ trampolines?
- What is PowerBounce technology?
- What is VariableBounce™ technology?
- Can I change the color of the Spring/Frame Pads on my trampoline?
What are the differences between your SoftBounce™ and StagedBounce™ trampoline models?
The primary difference between the SoftBounce and StagedBounce is in the spring and jumping mat configurations. The differences are detailed below:
14 foot SoftBounce:
- Equipped with 80 7" Extra-Stretch™ springs.
- Does not include the patented StagedBounce technology.
- These 7" springs provide a soft, responsive bounce that younger kids love and yet our strong frame allows it to handle the deep bounce of an adult weighing up to 225 pounds.
- Spring configuration is going to be best for kids around the age of 8 and younger.
14 foot StagedBounce:
- Equipped with 96 8.5" Extra-Stretch™ High-Performance springs. Older kids will love the increased bounce performance over the Soft-Bounce.
- With StagedBounce technology, the springs are engaged incrementally rather than all at once, to provide for a more forgiving landing without loss of bounce performance.
- Our Extra-Stretch™ High-Performance 8.5" springs are longer than those found on standard backyard units, and provide an exceptional bounce that kids and adults can enjoy. Our strong frame, combined with the longer springs, allows the 14' StagedBounce to handle the deep bounce of an adult weighing up to 240 pounds.
- Spring configuration is going to be better for kids around the age of 9 and older. Teens and adults usually prefer the feel of the StagedBounce trampoline.
How does Staged-Bounce technology work?
The JumpSport® StagedBounce trampoline uses triangular steel V-rings around the edge of the jumping mat for attaching the springs to the mat. Staged-Bounce technology alternates long and short V-rings around the mat. Half the springs are attached to the short V-Rings and engage immediately. The remaining springs are attached to the long V-Rings and engage a fraction of a second later. This provides for a more forgiving landing without loss of bounce performance.
What are the differences between your StagedBounce and PowerBounce™ trampolines?
The PowerBounce trampolines include all of the innovations of the StagedBounce, plus additional state-of-the-art technology that further improves both shock-absorption and bounce performance. Unlike the Staged-Bounce trampolines, the adjustable PowerBounce trampolines can be tuned for different ages, weights, and skill levels, yet it also broadens the performance spectrum so that jumpers with a wider range of weights and skill levels can safely enjoy the same setup.
What is PowerBounce technology?
Typically, the more springs you have on a trampoline, the better the bounce performance. Our PowerBounce trampolines not only add more springs, but each additional spring connects to a PowerArm™ that has 3 settings (low, medium, and high). Depending on which setting the extra spring is connected to, it will either increase or decrease the tension on the jumping surface, resulting in an increase or decrease in the bounce performance. This allows you to tailor your trampoline to a wide range of users, since you can adjust the tension based on who is using the trampoline. Heavier users may want to use the medium or high setting of the PowerArm, while younger/lighter users will probably want to use the low or medium setting.
The number of PowerArm linkages and PowerSprings varies depending on what model PowerBounce trampoline you choose:
- 12 foot JumpSport PowerBounce: 80 primary and 20 PowerSprings = 100 total springs
- 14 foot JumpSport PowerBounce: 96 primary and 32 PowerSprings = 128 total springs
- 14 foot AlleyOop PowerBounce: 96 primary and 48 PowerSprings = 144 total springs
- 14 foot AlleyOop DoubleBed PowerBounce: 112 primary and 56 PowerSprings = 168 total springs
What is VariableBounce™ technology?
The AlleyOop Sports® VariableBounce trampoline uses triangular steel V-rings around the edge of the jumping mat for attaching the springs to the mat. VariableBounce technology alternates long and short V-rings around the mat. Half the springs are attached to the short V-Rings and engage immediately. The remaining springs are attached to the long V-Rings and engage a fraction of a second later. This provides for a more forgiving landing without loss of bounce performance.
Can I change the color of the Frame Pads on my trampoline?
JumpSport trampolines come pre-packaged with blue colored Standard frame pads. AlleyOop Sports Trampoline Systems come pre-packaged with dark green Deluxe frame pads. JumpSport trampolines can use either Standard frame pads (which only come in blue) or Deluxe frame pads (which come in blue or dark green). AlleyOop Sports trampolines use Deluxe frame pads (which come in blue or dark green). If you wish to have a different color pad than what comes pre-packaged with your trampoline, you may purchase one from our Parts page.
Safety Net Questions:
What are the differences between your various safety enclosure models?
The differences between models are the number of additional safety features that each higher model provides and the weight rating that each model can support:
- Our 280, 380, and 480 Models are designed to fit most 10'-14' foot round trampolines.
- The 480XT is made to fit most 15'-16' round trampolines.
- The 780XT model fits most rectangular and square trampolines up to 14' x 16'.
All Safety Net Models
All of the Safety Enclosure Systems are built around an 8 pole support system. The poles are foam padded, 1.5mm thick steel. Unlike other enclosure brands, our design wraps the net around the outside of the poles. This design provides maximum strength and maximum play space while ensuring that the net does not collapse when someone impacts it. The 6 foot high, open weave net is made from woven polypropylene - the same strong material used for the jumping surface.
- The netting is secured to the poles by heavy-duty top and bottom support straps. The straps have a burst strength of over 1,500 pounds.
- The bottom strap of the net is attaches to the steel V-rings around the outside edge of the jumping mat.
- In addition to being sturdy, this design reduces the likelihood of jumpers landing on the springs because most of the springs are behind the net.
- Weight impact rating of 200 pounds.
(The features detailed above are standard with our entry level Model 280 enclosure.)
With the Model 380 we add an extra safety suspension system along the length of each pole. Bungee suspension cords are held in place by straps wrapped candy-cane fashion, vertically along each pole.
- This increases the enclosure's structural integrity and makes the netting springier.
- Rather than just safely catching the jumper - as with the basic model - the extra reinforcement of this design guides the jumper back onto the jumping surface after impacting the net.
- Weight impact rating of 230 pounds.
The heavy duty Model 480 has all the features already described plus the netting is 50% thicker and 70% stronger than the other models. This offers the highest level of safety available in any add-on safety net enclosure. The 480 is weight rated for a 295 pound jumper. It is recommended for use with our ProFlex Basketball accessory if you expect vigorous play. (It is also the same net used on all of our AlleyOop Sports Trampoline Systems.) The features of this model are also found on the Model 480XT. The 480XT has a longer net to fit 15-16 foot round trampolines.
Our Model 780XT is 7 feet high and fits most rectangular trampolines up to 14x16 feet. It has a weight impact rating of 295 pounds.
Can I change the color of the Pole Sleeves on my safety net?
JumpSport safety nets come pre-packaged with pad-blue colored vinyl sleeves to protect the pole foam. AlleyOop Sports safety nets come pre-packaged with dark green vinyl sleeves. The can be purchased separate to change the color if requested.